Are You Ready to Vote?
This November, organized labor will combat the power of organized money. We’re voting to protect our freedoms—and our voices will be heard. Sign the pledge to vote in November.
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
We're Not Slowing Down: The Labor Movement Must Keep Up The Fight For Voting Rights11 Feb, 2022
It was deeply disappointing that just days after our nation paid homage to the great civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- We Need You: In the States Roundup -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Maribel Rodriguez -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Labor Movement Steps Up to Help Our Members and Communities Affected by Hurricanes Fiona, Ian -
- A New Wave of Unionization: The Working People Weekly List -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Daniel Gonzalez -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Support Delta Flight Attendants’ Massive Organizing Campaign -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Mariel Cruz Martinez -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Steve Carrillo -
- Take Action: Support Delta Flight Attendants Fighting for a Union! -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Francisco Tostado -